This is my version of a healthier for you ranch. I have tried lots of recipes for ranch some using all Greek yogurt, and other substitutes out there. Though when you substitute all the fat out it tastes not so good, and is a little tangy for my liking. This is a recipe I have found and altered, we have served it to many and they all love it.
My goal for 2013 was to only make homemade salad dressings, I eat a lot of salad and I know better than to use all the dressings which don’t really taste that good and are full of words I don’t know.
So here it goes, alter seasoning to your own taste. I put all my ingredients in a pint mason jar, and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. It keeps in my fridge until the sell by on the milk, if it lasts that long.
- 1/3 cup Mayo ( I use olive oil mayo)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, Plain yogurt, or Cottage Cheese (which I add first to the jar and blend until smooth)
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- 1 sm. handful of parsley leaves
- 1 sm. bunch of chives or 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup buttermilk, half and half, or milk