I am sure that everyone has a tuna salad recipe they make. This is mine, probably not all that different from the average tuna salad. Needed to share it just in case there was some secret that I do that is not common. I like my tuna chunky with lots of stuff in it. I chop things fine so everyone will eat it, and no one can pick anything out.
- 4 (7 oz.) cans of tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 stocks celery, finely chopped (leave the leaves on for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup red or sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet relish or bread and butter pickles chopped
- 3 Tbs mustard (I prefer Dijon or grainy mustard)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2-3 Tbs of bread and butter pickle juice or dill pickle juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all in a bowl and mix until combined.
We eat our tuna salad with crackers or as a sandwich (or tuna melts my favorite).