Once you experience this recipe you will forever hold it close. The first time I made it I ate the whole pan for dinner, I am not just saying this. Some nights I will prepare this alone as my dinner. If there are any leftovers I eat them in an omelette the next morning. Mr.Picky puts up with recipe, but I think it is because of the onion and feta.
Roasted Chard and Feta:
- 1 bunch rainbow or regular chard, washed and dried
- 1 large sweet onion, at the time of the picture I used have a sweet onion and part red because it was what I had
- 3-4 Tbs olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of feta cheese, crumbled
Separate and chop the leaves and stems of the chard.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile toss the chopped leaves with 2-3 Tbs olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Spread on top of stems and onions after the 15 minutes. Sprinkle feta on top of that and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Feta should be melted and greens starting to crisp.