Chicken salad is a great change to the regular weekday sandwich. Not to mention once you put it together, it keeps all week and you can have a sandwich in 30 seconds. Mr.Picky is a huge fan of chicken salad, and it travels well out-of-town.
Enjoy this recipe, and feel free to add in walnuts or almonds which would both taste great. Serve with crackers, as a sandwich, or with tortilla chips.
Chunky Chicken Salad:
- About 4-5 cups of cooked chicken, shredded or diced (I used a rotisserie chicken, skin removed)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 cup dried cranberries
Whisk together mayo, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Once dressing is combined and tastes good, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Allow to chill for at least an hour for flavors to develop.